What you will do:
The Tech Specialist consistently provides advanced level aircraft technical support to customers & direction to other technicians while performing routine & non-routine maintenance, installation, repair, modification, inspection tasks associated with appropriate specialty skill (Airframe, Avionics, Systems, etc.). Works with crew & supervision to troubleshoot, functionally test & return to service aircraft quickly & accurately while also maintaining safety and compliance with regulation, customer documentation, within FAA regulations & budgeted timeframes. Researches & interprets documentation to develop compliant, timely resolutions to maintenance events. Promote skill development of other technicians of varying experience levels through coaching and teaching activities. Exercise & support continuous improvement initiatives.
The Tech Specialist is a recognized example of the advanced technical expertise of any of the applicable aircraft skill disciplines and is not an automatic progression step. The position works the shifts, days off, & travel schedule needed to provide technical expertise on an ongoing basis.
What you need:
- HS Diploma or GED
- License applicable to the skill specialty - A & P; A; P
- Have or have the ability to obtain AWR/RII/ETOPS/RALM qualifications as applicable
- Valid state issued driver’s license;
- Experience in transport category aircraft maintenance inclusive repair, modification, installation, troubleshooting & functional testing with high degree of accuracy in a time sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately exercise a high degree of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work & form decisions independently and effectively in a fast paced environment, cross functionally, with minimal supervision & within the bounds of regulations & customer operations specifications.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments, & organizations, while mentoring less experienced technicians, coordinating work completion & supporting customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to research, interpret and analyze aircraft & component related technical documentation, e.g. Standard Wiring Practices Manual, Engineering Repair or Fabrication documents, Structural Repair Manuals (SRM), Illustrated Parts Manuals, Blueprints, Airworthiness Directives (AD), Service Bulletins (SB), and other FAA, OEM & customer documentation maintaining & exhibiting awareness regarding implications & required compliance criteria while also exercising problem solving & creative thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & motivate others by mentoring them and sharing knowledge while developing their skills.
- Effectively speak, read, write in the English language; able to communicate constructively with diverse individuals.
- Demonstrated willingness to volunteer or accept assignments on various shifts/days off schedules or to travel on short notice.
- Excellent knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) applicable to specialty skill (Airframe, Avionics, Systems, )
- Customer operations specifications, Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, OEM documentation,ATA codes
Preferred Job Skills:
- Advanced technical training related to applicable specialty skill
- Lead or Supervisory experience
- 10+ years of experience in transport category aircraft maintenance, repair, modification, installation, troubleshooting & functional testing with high degree of accuracy in a time sensitive environment.
- Current Passport & company credit card enabling travel on short notice
- Taxi & Run-up qualified
- Borescope certified
- Successful completion of General Familiarization classes for multiple aircraft type i.e. Boeing 717, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767 aircraft.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to fit in tight places.
- Ability to twist, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl and climb & sustain those positions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in confined spaces with respiratory equipment if applicable.
- Ability to work at heights up to 60 feet.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work with arms raised above head and perform repetitive tasks and motions.
- Ability to precisely manipulate hand tools in a variety of situations.
- Ability to travel on private, commercial or cargo aircraft.
AMES is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.