TROOPS TO TECHNICIAN
AIRBORNE / Excellence Continuing the Mission
Saluting our military "maintainers" by providing an evolutionary pathway towards a rewarding career as Aviation Maintenance Technicians (AMT).
Transition the knowledge gained of mission military ready to gate ready commercial aviation. With this we will be maintaining High-Quality Standards.
Our goal is to "pilot" this program with transitioning Veterans from MacDill AFB for employment at AIRBORNE Tampa located at Tampa International Airport. Although the inititive starts at MacDill this program is open to ALL military Veterans.
Veterans, Military Spouses and Transitioning Service Members who will be on Terminal Leave by May 1st, 2022.
- Must be on terminal leave or separated, to be employed full-time by AIRBORNE Tampa
- Cannot be dishonorably discharged
- Must have minimum 2 years of aircraft experience (first round only)
- Must be able to pass 10 year federal background check
- AIRBORNE Tampa
- Career Source of Tampa Bay
- Veterans Florida
Position Job Description/Position Expectation:
Summary Description Of Position
Services troubleshoots, repairs, modifies, preserves, maintains, and overhauls aircraft, aircraft systems, and aircraft components in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications established by the company, applicable government agencies, and aircraft manufactures as contained in approved Maintenance Manuals.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant license (preferred)
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Preferred experience:2 years commercial heavy jet experience in MRO setting
- Will accept: 2 years military experience on acceptable aircraft
- Will accept: Equal mix of commercial heavy jet and helos
- Will accept: Equal mix of commercial heavy jet and regional jets
- Will accept: Equal mix of military acceptable jet and regional jets
- Will accept: Equal mix of military acceptable jet and helos
- Must have thorough working knowledge of all forms and documents required to support heavy maintenance service, including, but not limited to Company policy and procedure manuals, FAR’s, AD’s, Service Bulletins, and Maintenance Manuals.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
- Must be efficient in the use and application of tools, gauges, instruments, etc. necessary for the accomplishment of duties assigned.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of hazardous material handling and disposal as related to the job assignment.
- Must be able to obtain an airport SIDA badge (pass criminal background check)
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Works to written or verbal instructions.
- Performs all work assigned in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Records work performed and assumes responsibility for that work as indicated by his/her signature.
- Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, and Maintenance Manuals in performance of assigned duties.
- Must maintain A&P license in a current status and carry it on their person when at work.
- May do experimental and developmental work as assigned.
- Must have working knowledge and the ability to service troubleshoot, repair, modify, preserve, maintain, and overhaul aircraft, aircraft system, and aircraft components. Heavy phase maintenance experience on other military aircraft types may be considered.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day to day operation, not determined at time of hire.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
- Must have correctable near and far vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
- Must be able to sit 25 pounds.
- Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools.