Summary Description Of Position
Progressive knowledge in engineering principles and techniques to design, develop, and analyze aircraft. Develop routine technical specifications and procedures while evaluating technical reports, documents, and drawings. Present analysis results and project solutions as necessary. Be involved with other departments for comprehensive design solutions.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, related fields such as Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical, and applicable job experience directly working with aircraft.
- Create, develop, and analyze engineering designs, concepts, and aircraft compliance.
- Conducts research concerned with design, manufacture, and test of mechanical, structural, or electrical components, equipment, and systems.
- Be involved with activities concerned with installation and operational test of engineering designs to ensure conformance with functional specification and customer requirements.
- Evaluation of operational systems, and recommend design modifications for changes in system requirements.
Major Responsibility Areas and Duties:
- Implement duties of the engineering department including design, research, prototype, cost estimation, and process improvement.
- Develop routine technical specifications, drawings, and procedures while evaluating technical reports, documents, and drawing; implement may require application of CAD/CAE software.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Prepares engineering change orders, engineering change proposals and corrective action reports.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Normal office environment.
- May be required to access areas of aircraft that are confined and require crawling.
- May work extended hours and/or weekends.
- May travel overnight and/or on weekends.
AIRBORNE Tampa is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.