Summary Description Of Position
This position is responsible for the shipping requirements including international shipment, FedEx Ground, Freight, Express, UPS, HAZMAT SHIPPING, customer request applicable to the ICAO/IATA, DOT TITLE 49 CFR, and specifications established by the Company, applicable Government Agencies, and aircraft manufactures as contained and approved by the Company.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- A high school education or equivalent, plus one year experience in HAZMAT shipping
- Must be familiar with aircraft stock catalogues, aircraft components, parts or stock lists, etc., and be able to look up part numbers.
- Requires the ability to perform physical labor and accurately follow verbal or written instructions.
- Must be able to use hand tools and equipment such as drills, hammers, and hand and jack trucks, weigh scales.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Must have working knowledge of operation of a motor vehicle, fork lift, etc.
- Must possess some knowledge of handling, transporting, shipping, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of hazardous material handling and disposal as related to the job assignment.
- Must be able to operate computer equipment and programs when given proper training.
- Must be able to communicate with customers on a daily basis.
Major Responsibility Areas and Duties:
- Responsible for efficient operations of the shipping area, storage of Hazmat material, in accordance to the policy and procedures of Airborne
- Set ups and maintains accountability for FedEx, UPS, FedEx freight, international shipping.
- Maintains deliveries of repaired material by customer request.
- Maintains records of shipping manifest by computer and paper copy.
- HAZMAT shipping of dangerous goods for repair (batteries, oxygen tanks)
- International & Domestic shipping of parts for sales to other companies
- Store digital photos of all returned goods for QA audits
- Processing orders for via FedEx computer by customer accounts
- Scheduling of freight pickups and COMAT .
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision necessary for the normal day to day operation not determined at time of hire.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
- Must have correctable near and far vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools
AIRBORNE Tampa is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.