Position: Avionics Engineer
Employee Type: Full Time
Required Education: Associate's or Bachelor's
Travel Required: Infrequent
Leads Others: No
Required Experience: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field AND 5 to 10 years airline, OEM or MRO experience.
What you will do:
Avionics Engineer is responsible for supporting the resolution of aircraft maintenance issues as well as integration design for updated systems on the Boeing B767 and/or Airbus A321 and A330 aircraft. This role includes research of technical solutions, analyzing data, preparation of design drawings and documents, and actively participating in avionics engineering projects.
This position requires project management skills, frequent customer contact and coordination, occasional on-call operational and project support.
What you need:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field AND 5 to 10 years airline, OEM or MRO experience.
- Working knowledge of Avionics Engineering in support of avionics subsystem definition, development, integration and testing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project products
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar desktop drafting application
- Familiar with 14 CFR Parts 21, 25, 26, 43, 91, 121, 125, 135, and 145
- Familiar with required compliance criteria of Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, and other FAA and OEM documentation
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Job Skills:
- FAA DER
- Knowledge of aircraft avionics systems
- Occasional work in adverse weather
- Stand, sit or work at a computer for long periods of time
- Climb stairs and ladders as needed
- Ability to stoop, bend, and crawl as required
- Wear PPE and hearing protection as required
- Occasional lifting of various weights up to 50 lbs.
AMES is an equal opportunity employer in that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran, or disability status.