What you will do:
Under direction of an Engineer, Manager, or Shop Technician, perform a variety of basic to intermediate Engineering support assignments requiring a fundamental knowledge of design/drafting standards, advance computer skills, basic knowledge of digital signal pocessing techniques, algoithm deelopment, software coding and simulation/modeling using MATLAB, python or equivalent and effective communication. Position will support the engineering team through the creation or revision of drawings and wiring schematics. Assignments are designed to gain knowledge of aircraft systems, standard engineering pocess and procedures, aircraft components and associated Engineering responsibilities. This position is located in Wilmington, OH.
What you need:
- Must be enrolled in or graduate of an Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or computer programming and database management curriculum at an accredited college or university and be in good academic standing with the college/university.
- Prefer computer experience with Microsoft Office, Corel, AutoCAD and/or SOLIDWORKS.
- Prefer prior experience working with aircraft or aircraft components.
- Prefer prior experience creating engineering drawings.
- Work using a computer for extended periods of time
- Occasion lifting of various weights
- Able to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Wear PPE as required
AMES is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.