|Position: Component Repair Technician: Unlicensed Structures
|Employee Type: Full Time
|Required Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
|Travel Required: As needed to support off site locations
What you will do:
Perform structure maintenance, repair, and/or modification on customer aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data, customer maintenance program requirements, within estimated or budgeted hours, and within FAA and customer standards of quality. Consult and interpret blueprints, Structural Repair Manuals, illustrated parts Catalog, service bulleting and engineering orders to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctions or damaged structural components. Document all maintenance actions in accordance with Airborne, customer, and FAA guidelines. Responsible to Return to Service aircraft that have completed all required maintenance actins utilizing logbooks, Airborne, and customer authorized documentation. This position reports to one of the Production Supervisors.
What you need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of aircraft construction and repair principle.
- Working knowledge of computer based aircraft maintenance software
- Basic understanding of FAA regulations pertaining to CFT Part 145 repair station operations.
- Must provide tools as listed on required tool listing.
- 2 years prior experience working with sheet metal and structural repairs on wide body aircraft
- Prior experience at a FAR 145 repair station
- Prefer experience with building new parts or aircraft on assembly line
AMES is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.