Summary Description Of Position
This position is responsible for production activities, maintenance personnel, document compliance, schedules, and budgets related to maintenance operations under their span of control. Responsible for OJT “on the job training” and assisting his subordinates in proper procedures, methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty; Responsible for the preservation of all units or parts during process through the shop and after work is completed. The Production Manager duties may be delegated to a qualified individual under his management in his absence but ultimate responsibility for those duties remains with the Production Manager.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Preferred valid Airframe & Powerplant license. Minimum of A License.
- One (1) year certificate from college or technical school.
- Six (6) years of experience and/or training.
- Ability to use Microsoft products (i.e., Excel and Word).
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and ISO training.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Proficient in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Supervises and directs the maintenance operations through subordinates.
- Works in conjunction with the Quality Supervisors or Managers to ensure maintenance of each article is in compliance with the required standards.
- Interacts with the Material Manager to ensure the required flow of necessary parts for supply and any equipment.
- Makes recommendations to the MRO Manager for improvement of maintenance operations.
- Works through supervisors to ensure completion of all required records.
- Maintaining his assigned hangar(s) and shops in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensures proper handling and disposition of all parts while in repair process.
- Maintain high quality standards of all aspects within his assigned areas.
AIRBORNE Tampa is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.