What you will do:
The primary function is to perform internal and external (vendor) audits and evaluations per the Repair Station Internal Evaluation Program (IAEP). This position is responsible for investigating incidents involving regulatory non-compliance, issuance and tracking of corrective actions and damage report tracking and analysis. In addition, this position produces annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly reports based on audit results, which include recommendations to management to promote continuous improvement.
What you need:
- Experience in aviation maintenance as Quality Control, Quality Assurance or Lead/Crew Chief with an Air Carrier or repair station or as part of the military.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication and report writing skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and time management skills
- Ability to analyze facts and data to determine quality system failures as well as recommend effective quality system elements to maintain compliance and conformity.
- Communicate in such a manner to establish rapport, trust & credibility with employees and management while working toward problem resolution.
- Willing and able to work various shifts and weekends as required to assure projects are successfully completed.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Word.
Preferred Job Skills:
- FAA A&P license preferred.
- BS degree and 2 years’ experience as a technician in an MRO or Air Carrier environment OR an AS degree plus 4 years as a technician OR 6 years as a technician in an MRO or Air Carrier environment
- Experience with auditing and auditing techniques, interviewing skills, technical writing skills.
- Root cause analysis and comprehensive corrective action experience.
- ISO 9000/AS9100 experience.
- Ability to navigate and audit the hangar floor, shop environment or vendor facility. Must be able to climb stairs necessary to enter/board a transport category aircraft.
- Up to 25% travel
AMES is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.