What you will do:
The primary function is to perform internal and external (vendor) audits and evaluations per the Repair Station Internal Evaluation Program(IAEP) and to provide coordination and finding resolutions to both regulatory entity, AS9100/ISO9001 and customer audits. In addition, this position also is responsible to produce annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly QA reports which include recommendations and trends to management promoting a continuous improvement methodology. This position also manages the AMES Approved Vendor Program, is the primary FAA contact for routine issue resolution, and is the internal source to answer regulatory compliance inquiries.
What you need:
- BS degree and 2 years experience as a technician in an MRO or Air Carrier environment OR an AS degree plus 4 years as a technician OR 6 years as a technician in an MRO or Air Carrier environment
- Verbal, written presentation, problem solving & interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade and/or facilitate discussions with all levels of employee, management, vendor, regulatory representatives & customers. Ability to analyze facts and data to determine quality system failures as well as place effective quality system elements in place to maintain compliance and conformity.
- Communicate in such a manner to establish rapport, trust & credibility with employees and management while working toward problem resolution.
- Willing and able to work various shifts and weekends as required to assure projects are successfully completed.
- 2 year experience in QC/QA or Lead/Crew Chief with an Air Carrier or repair station
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Word.
- Proven ability in developing spread sheets and the operation of word processing, database, email & web-based applications for Performance trending
Preferred Job Skills:
- FAA A&P license preferred
- Auditing techniques, basic people and interviewing skills, technical writing skills, knowledge of fuel
- Auditing, ATA103, root cause analysis and comprehensive corrective action training, ISO 9000 training.
- Ability to navigate and audit the hangar floor, shop environment or vendor facility. Must be able to climb stairs necessary to enter/board a transport category aircraft.
AMES is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.