Summary Description Of Position
Services troubleshoots, repairs, modifies, preserves, maintains, and overhauls aircraft, aircraft systems, and aircraft components in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications established by the company, applicable government agencies, and aircraft manufactures as contained in approved Maintenance Manuals.
Minimum Requirements And Qualifications
- Two (2) years’ experience in heavy aircraft maintenance, preferably with an airline and/or MRO company.
- A valid Airframe & Powerplant license is a plus but not required.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of all forms and documents required to support heavy maintenance service, including, but not limited to Company policy and procedure manuals, FAR’s, AD’s, Service Bulletins, and Maintenance Manuals.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
- Must be efficient in the use and application of tools, gauges, instruments, etc. necessary for the accomplishment of duties assigned.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of hazardous material handling and disposal as related to the job assignment.
- Must meet the qualifications to obtain a SIDA badge.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Works according to written and/or verbal instructions.
- Performs all work assigned in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Records work performed and assumes responsibility for that work as indicated by his/her signature.
- Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, and Maintenance Manuals in performance of assigned duties.
- Performs touch up painting as needed, (within task area).
- Must maintain Airframe license in a current status and carry it on their person when at work.
- May do experimental and developmental work as assigned.
AIRBORNE Tampa is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.