Summary Description Of Position
This position is responsible for collating, scanning, archiving & shipping aircraft maintenance records.
This position will be required to perform monthly audits of customer aircraft technical data, along with maintaining aircraft technical bulletins and notices. This position will assist any/all internal and external customers with retrieval of historic aircraft maintenance records. This position will also deliver and retrieve items throughout the facility by hand or using a pushcart.
Minimum Requirements And Qualifications
- Degree in Library / Information Science preferred (B.S., B.A., A.A., and A.S.) or 4 years’ experience in related field (aviation specific is a plus).
- High degree of confidence and comfort with digital technology a must
- Ability to interact in a workplace with diverse populations & customer representatives
- Desire to learn
Skills & abilities
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation — actively looking for ways to help people.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Speech Recognition — the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Near Vision — the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity — the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Information ordering — the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern is according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Category Flexibility — the ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
Perform other duties as required by Quality Assurance Manager or Director of Quality as necessary to support daily operations, not determined at time of hire.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Ability to perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to grasp objects utilizing fingers (fine motor manipulation).
- Ability to withstand intermittent moderate noise levels.
- Ability to see close (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
- Ability to see distances (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
- Ability to lift and move standard size 8.5” boxes of paper
AIRBORNE Tampa is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.