Summary Description Of Position
Responsible for the execution of plans and assuring that Engineering personnel possess the necessary tools and resources required to meet company objectives. Provides guidance, technical and administrative advice, and training for assigned Engineering personnel within the Engineering department.
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
1. Hiring, training, development and discipline of assigned personnel.
2. Establishing goals for the Engineering department aligned with those of the companies Engineering philosophies.
3. Establishing and controlling budgets, schedules and work plans to meet contractual requirements and company sponsored development programs.
4. Identifying, acquiring and allocating resource and manpower requirements to satisfy contractual obligations and achievement of established departmental and corporate goals.
5. Administering performance appraisals and salary management of assigned personnel.
6. Designing procedures and processes that enforce policies that govern the operations of the Engineering department.
7. Suggest expense items for department budget and provides cost estimates for proposals. Controls department budget and resources.
8. Frequent contact within department and constant contact outside department
9. Receives infrequent supervision and supervises other employees
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
1. Master’s Degree in Engineering Field along with 8 plus years (or) a BS Degree in Engineering Field along with 10 plus years related experience in the aviation field (or) a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field along with 10+ years related experience in the aviation field with emphasis on passenger to freighter conversions.
2. Applicable experience may substitute for academic achievement at the discretion of the VP and Human Resource Director.
3. Must have the ability to use MS Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.).
4. Ability to use computer simulation modeling and process layouts.
5. Knowledge of shop skills (math, measurements and blueprints).
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
1. Works in all parts of the facility.
2. May work in disagreeable conditions.
3. May work extended hours and/or weekends.
4. May travel overnight and/or weekends