|Position: manufacturing Specialist
|Employee Type: Full Time
||Leads Others: No
|Required Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
||Required Experience: 5 Years
What you will do:
This position supports manufacturing production with focus on new product introduction. The specialist takes customer design data and PO requirements and from them develops the internal processes and documents that are used by production technicians to manufacture the product. The specialist collaborates with production, engineering, material services, quality, and customer service to ensure customer requirements are met in an accurate, compliant, and timely manner. The specialist specifies the most efficient production methods, including machine choices and processes, outside vendor requirements, and estimates the labor and material costs for prototype and production runs. The specialist confers with customers, vendors, staff, and management on technical requirements, production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status. The specialist is a member/leader of closure team investigating quality escapes, deviations, production shortfalls, to determine root cause and implement corrective action plans. The specialist supports AS9100 Certification and assists external audits in answering questions related to change control and new product introduction.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Trade school, military, industry, and/or college training in technology and/or manufacturing processes
- OJT in AS9100 quality system and compliance requirements
- 5 years machine process and metal cutting manufacturing experience
- Ability to read/interpret design drawings & specifications & create production work instructions.
- Solid understanding of geometrical dimensioning and tolerance and knowledge of shop math
- Working knowledge of machine shop and production manufacturing processes
- Computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office tools and internet websites
- Working knowledge of tooling, fixtures, and CNC machine operations/procedures
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM systems, (i.e. AutoCAD, Solidworks, Mastercam etc.)
- Prefer experience preparing manufacturing quotes.
- Associate of Science degree in manufacturing technology or other technical field OR significant post high school course work in technical filed, plus the direct manufacturing experience noted above
- Working knowledge of AS9100 quality system and Lean manufacturing continuous improvement
- Knowledge of business econonomics including cost estimating and profit impact of production decisions
AMES is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.